Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Brain Finally Clicked

The other day I had a lightbulb (or should I say flash) moment. I was reading through this and trying to use the manual settings on my camera. Finally, everything came together and made sense. I snapped some pictures using the Av setting and then I played with the full Manual (Full Monty?) settings. My goal was to capture some of A., but I did NOT want the flash to wash everything out.

I took several with my 50mm 1.4 lens and was excited to see the results. I love the bokeh (blurred background) and the soft, natural light. It did not come out as sharp as I might have liked, but I still like this photo.

I have to admit I was pretty proud of my little old self.

The scoop: 50mm 1.4 lens set @ 1.4 aperture, 1/40 shutter speed, ISO 200

3 comments:

silken said...

very nice. and the one of the dog is a great contrast! these are really geat!

j said...

this is my favorite picture in the slideshow- i love the contrast of the background and a- plus, her hair is just so cute. :)

Stephanie said...

these are beautiful, holly! good for you for learning so quickly.