Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Just Ducky

This morning I glanced out our window to see two webbed feet visitors waddling across our yard. Since I am pretending to be a photographer, I grabbed my camera and dashed outside. I tempted them with some bread so they might linger a while so I could capture some shots.

I switched to my 70-300mm lens and snapped several as they waddled around. I took a few in Manual, but since I'm slow, slow, slow as I adjust my settings, I realized I might miss these little webbed friends. I shot in Av mode instead.

140mm, f11, 1/50. We were in the shade, so it turned out a bit dark. I should have tweaked that I guess.

300mm, f11, 1/125 See I even shoot close-ups of ducks! Maybe there is a close-up support group?

Goal for this week: Practice more in Manual mode in order to get faster. Take pictures every day, both outdoors and inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.